TikTok, one of the most popular social media platforms today, has gained mainstream traction quickly. Almost everyone is on this channel – from teens to celebrities. But just how much value do brands like you get from TikTok for business?
On the surface, it simply looks like a network where you can create and edit videos to entertain people – not a place to market a business. However, there is so much potential for brands to utilize this platform and engage your target audience in a fun, creative way.
Different Ways On How To Use TikTok For Business
If you’re ready to join TikTok for business, it is time for you to learn how to use it properly and generate more sales.
Here are some tips for you:
- Create unique content
Build a content strategy. This should include outlining details like the types of content you’re going to create and often you’ll upload on the platform.
While dance and entertaining content seem to be dominant on TikTok, practical and informative content can also go viral, too. For instance, life hacks, DIYs, life advice, and tutorials. Hence, look for a way to work these categories into your strategy to keep your audience engaged. Also, try to maintain the balance between different post types to diversify your feed.
You should also determine the right times to publish content. Create a content calendar, so that you won’t miss out on schedule. This will also help you become more consistent and keep you up with the momentum.
- Leverage its publishing features
TikTok allows users to organize, optimize, and share videos easily. You can shoot a video on the app, edit it there, and upload. It’s a one-stop app.
To leverage it’s publishing features further, follow these tips:
- Keep the descriptions clear and concise. You only have 150 characters for each video caption, so make it count. Make sure it’s interesting and meaningful. Adding captions to the video itself is a great idea since it can help hearing-impaired audiences to understand your content.
- Adding relevant hashtags can help your videos pop up into the feeds of the right audience. So, pay attention to the trending hashtags.
- If you’re working with influencers or another brand, make sure to tag them in the video description. If you’re reposting a user-generated content, this tip can also help a lot.
- If you have a business account on TikTok, try adding the link in your bio. You can ask your followers to browse products, signup, and purchase via this link.
- Don’t forget to make your account public. Adjust the privacy and make sure that your content is visible to friends and followers.
- Enable the duet feature on TikTok. This allows others to use your videos to make duets. It also allows them to stitch your content with their own to make a response video.
- Share UGCs
While publishing your own videos is a great way to bring brand awareness across the platform, you can also tap into the content of your past customers. This is where your hashtags become useful again. Simply create a unique hashtag for your brand. Then, ask your customers to use it whenever they publish something about your products.
This way, other TikTok users will learn about your company. It’s like word of mouth. When a prospect sees a video where a customer uses or wears your product, they’ll want to check out your profile to learn more about your brand. This could eventually encourage them to buy from you.
If you want to take your TikTok marketing strategy to the next level, try using instant boost. You can do this by paying for the platform’s advertising features. Just make sure to set up and manage your ads carefully since this requires some financial investment. Have clear, realistic goals and define your target audience.
- Collaborate with influencers
TikTok influencers can make your videos go viral in a short amount of time. Yes, they can reach millions of people at once. So, look for an influencer that aligns with your niche. They will promote your business to their followers, which can instantly increase your presence on the platform.
Your influencer marketing plan could be as simply as asking the individual to briefly mention your brand on one of their posts. But if you’re looking for a more effective way, you can ask them to feature your products or services.
Now that you’ve got all the essentials on this article, it is time for you to follow them and start using TikTok for business. Start by making a competitive profile, a well-defined target market, and a powerful video content strategy to improve your chances of generating the best results.